Monday, October 3, 2011

SLC DIY Wideband Lambda Installation

On the last day of my work leave period, my SLC DIY Wideband Lambda was installed and running successfully. Glad there was no drama on the installation process. I guess i haven't lost my soldering skill after all.

First thing i did was to get a steel nut that fits the Bosch O2 sensor as there was no bung supplied with the kit. From there, it was only 30 minutes at the exhaust shop to get the bung welded on the downpipe, just below the front passenger floor deck. One thing to make sure is that the sensor has to sit at an angle from vertical, preferably around 45 degrees. This is said will help reduce sensor damage from thermal shock due to condensation on cold starts.



Not exactly 45 degrees from vertical, but good enough i guess.
Fiddled around with some wires, plugged in the connectors, zipties for neatness, applied power, executed hardward calibration and VOILA!


Just make sure to use the latest SLC software to allow communication with the controller. I didn't and had to redownload the latest one. From there, everything went smooth. Here's a capture of my SLC Config software.

It's not yet wired to my Megasquirt but it should be very easy with just one wire to connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment