Sunday, February 26, 2012

COREL Gathering

Corolla Retro Lampung, or COREL for short, is a community for classic Corolla owners in Lampung, my current work town. I met one of the members, Nico, from a mailing list and he was the one who told me first about COREL. They have a routine get-together every Sunday afternoon and today i finally got the time to see the guys.



As you can see, most of the members drove KE30s. Seeing so many of these '75-'79 series Corolla lining up brought good memories as my first car ever was also a KE30. Few cars caught my attention, like this immaculate beauty.

Look at this clean engine bay

Or do you prefer green?


My favorite one there, however, was not a KE30. It's a '73 KE20.. Gosh, seeing this made me want to build one as well.

Isse 13x8, i believe. This means this particular KE20 had received PCD change treatment as KE20s came with 4x110 PCD while Isses are 4x114.3.


The Dog wasn't the only odd one in the pack. There was this Station Wagon Corona.. Body work is a bit messy for my taste but i'd not hesitate to buy it if it's for sale.


Say goodbye to fender rolling.. I have no idea what's in the owner's mind when he did this..

No comments:

Post a Comment