Friday, September 11, 2009

From Indonesia to Israel (and Ireland?)

Remember the post about Yohann, a fellow Charmant lover from Israel? He asked me to help him pull out a pedal box and dashboard gauge cluster from a scrapped Charmant in Indonesia. Well, i did and just recently he got the stuff! Wow.. It's my first time sending stuff overseas and knowing that it reached the destination successfully surely is relieving.

Here are pics of the stuff, fresh from Israel sent by Yohann himself!
The only damage i can see is that the speedometer pointer needle fell off. Hopefully it would be easy putting it back. If you notice, the mounting holes are now fixed and painted where it used to be rusty.. Yohann can thank my mom for that! Hahaha.. She felt bad for sending rusty stuff overseas so she had the pedal box fixed before sending it, without informing me! I just found out about it from Yohann!

Yohann told me the stuff was previously being held by Israeli customs. The customs officer asked for an invoice for the stuff so that he can calculate the import tax. I never sent him any invoice so Yohann came out with this himself..
Nice work Yohann! Now i have my own auto service station called "Edgar's Auto" thanks to Yohann.. LOL..

Now, Yohann is not the only one who contacted me asking for Charmant parts.. Paul Breheny from Ireland read my post about the stuff i bought new from an Automall in Jakarta. He was interested to get similar stuff like headlights, taillights and turn signal lamps and contacted me. Yohann and Paul are members of an online forum for AE86 lovers in Ireland,ae86irl.com. The forum discusses not only about AE86 but also KE70 and, yes, Charmant. Paul got info about me from Yohann there.

Long story short, now i have the stuff for Paul ready to be shipped and knowing that Indonesia's local post office has done their job well, i am confident to send Paul's stuff using their service again..

6 comments:

  1. Nice one, I might consider asking you to get some stuff for me in the future too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stanley.. yeah just tell me if you need any Charmant parts. I'll see what i can do to help you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, i see u helpng out with charmant parts. im looking for a fresh dashboard with the tachometer in the cluster..

    ReplyDelete