Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Patrick's Silvertop Charmant from Barbados

A few days ago i received an email from a guy asking about spare Charmant body parts. He's looking for sets of exterior lamps like headlamps, tail lights, bumper lamps, etc. What pleases me the most about his email is that he also attached some pics of his current work-in-progress Charmant.

Meet Patrick Roett and his familiar looking Charmant. It's going to run a Silvertop 20v 4A-GE converted to run on ITBs and MAP sensor. Quoting directly from his email:

Here are some pics of the car. We finished painting and putting it back together about a week ago. Working on getting the engine fitted correctly before sending it off to the electrician. I know you will instantly recognize where I got my inspiration from.

Patrick's building this beast in Barbados. Along with my T&T based dear friend Dereck and his Smallport 4A-GE Charmant and also Edward Corbin's Rally Charmant, i'd say the Carribean is heaven for Charmant enthusiasts! I know where i am going for my holidays!

Still curious where Patrick got his inspiration? Well, here you go.
I am sure if you've been in the Charmant internet world long enough, you've seen that pic above. There's more pics of that Japanese Charmant on my hard drive but sadly no background story or specs to accompany them.

Anyway, keep your spirit high Patrick. I know projects like this can be stressful at times and even tempt you to just scrap the car but hang in there.. It's been almost two years since i started this project and i am doing my best to keep the momentum going. I know i'll reap the reward sooner or later.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for listing me in your blog, now I feel really special :D. Have started looking for the stuff for you and hopefully get luck by weekend. Will email you as soon as something happens.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club patrick :D, ii think Edgar is contemplating a Caribbean vacation for sure lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the help Patrick. Meanwhile, how's that plan of yours of starting a blog?

    Ahahaha yeah sure Dereck, when time and money available, Caribbean is where i'm going. Stack me up those Venezuelan girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
    car wreckers hobart
    cash for unwanted cars hobart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you.
    cash for old cars townsville
    cash for unwanted cars townsville

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such nice information with us, I love your blog because most of the person wants to get rid of the problem of damaged car and they wish to remove it and want some handsome cash and I appreciate your blog for this info.
    cash for cars toowoomba
    cash for car toowoomba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
    cash for junk cars
    cash for junk cars brisbane

    ReplyDelete