Monday, June 27, 2011

Ignorance is Bliss

What i don't know, can't hurt me. Or my wallet. Had i not known that trying to weld aluminum to steel is a PITA, i'd be happy with the crappy aluminum oil drain bung that came with the universal turbo oil line kit. I wouldn't bother getting the mild-steel one from a seller thousands of miles away just to make sure it matches my oil pan material.


Now i have to wait another 2-3 weeks just for this to arrive. Why not fabricate in a machine shop? I think no shop can beat the price: US$11.5, shipping included. I'll be taking a two-week leave to focus on The Dog soon so it better be delivered in time.

*** edit 7-Jun-2011 ***

Looks like i won't be getting this. The seller decided suddenly that he won't ship to Indonesia and didn't even bother to explain the reason. Thanks for the great service. Paid the item promptly after i confirm the purchase and all i got was this news days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment