Saturday, April 21, 2012

Two Wheeler Project Commencing

I've been keeping an eye for a workshop that i can trust to build my bike. My Honda GL200, commonly referred to as "Tiger" here, has been with me since 2005. Many good memories were had with this bike and it would be a pity for me to just sell it. Besides, it's only fair that my two wheeler gets the same attention as The Dog, isn't it?

Just recently i met a guy riding a well restored Honda CB125 on my way to a mini-mart. We exchanged names and apparently he build the bike himself at his workshop. Judging the details and build quality of the bike, it seems my search has ended. These are some examples of bikes being built by the workshop.


My aim is to keep this side project as simple as possible within a reasonable budget. "Reasonable".. that sure is a dangerous word. What's reasonable now can be totally different in a month as building The Dog dictates. Anyway, the project should be finished within 1-2 months and the end result should be a reliable daily ride. This for me would mean that fiddling with the engine is off-limits.


What you see above is a preview of the parts going to my bike. We have starting from top left going clockwise an aluminum 17 x 3.50 inch rim, then a Suzuki Thunder 125 tubular rear swing arm, a pair of shiny Yamaha RX-King 135 rear shocks and Honda GL-Pro Neo Tech exhaust. Not shown on the pic is a brand new Mizzle 120-80 R17 M800 tire. After shopping for these parts today, i can't help but think that Goddammit bike parts effin' are cheap! That exhaust you see above, cost me only 15 bucks. How's that for cheap? I guess building The Dog and keeping it alive have got me thinking otherwise about modding for so long.


I was lucky the workshop has that Honda CB100 fuel tank you see above. It's the perfect size for the style i'm going. Really love the offset fuel cap, very old-skool. Seeing the parts above, some of you may have guessed which way i'm going with this project.. Well, for those of you who failed to guess, here's what i hope... umm.. The Cat.. would look like. Hahaha.. The Cat, since it's Honda "Tiger" and the counterpart of The Dog, get it?




Pretty neat, huh? That's "Inari", the famous CB100 build by Deus ex Machina from Bali. I won't totally copy that bike but it won't be much different.

2 comments:

  1. hay
    i already saw any bikes of deus ,i like so much..
    So ,i'm lookink for a fuel tank of HONDA CB100,may be you have one to sell me???
    It's so hard to find it.
    I'm working on dominator honda650.


    best regard

    thanks
    ricoldeco68@yahoo.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice look, simple but no simpler :D

    ReplyDelete