Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Shed of Light.. Brand New Work Equip 03!

Look what i got today..
A set of brand new Work Equip 03 measuring 15x8! Granted they're replicas but the price on the real ones would make them unjustifiable for me to buy.. and that's if i can get my hands on them! Look at the lips on these babies.. 3-inches deep yo!

These are actually made by a company called Axis and this particular model is called OG Oldskool. More info on them can be read here. Axis is US-based company and though the wheels are actually Taiwan-made but i am sure an American company would still keep a good eye on the quality of products bearing its name.. Gimme a break will you?! Just let me cheer myself up and redeem my sins of buying a replica! Here's what it says on the box.
Getting these wheels is really helpful on deciding the direction of this project. You may know from my previous posts that i haven't even decided on what color i want for The Dog. Well now i know what i want! Don't laugh okay, but this is how The Dog would hopefully end up once this project finishes..
Look Ma! Same (looking) wheels! Unoriginal idea, i know.. I am just making another late Ryoji Takada's D1 Street Legal Charmant replica.. I don't care. By doing this i am also saving myself some money by painting my Charmant the original solid black and not having to report any color changes to our DOT. As a matter of fact, just a few minutes ago, i called the workshop and told them to paint my car with Spies Hecker's Super Deep Black. Phew!

Now, what should i do to my old wheels? Keep 'em or sell 'em?

9 comments:

  1. really?! well now you should be able to see it.. i updated the pics and edited the post a bit. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET, you seem to get all the best toys :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanna get these, the epsilon, i had one at home for years but its 5hole, http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/4/1915931

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! How much does those cost ya?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dereck: Not quite the best toy, as the word "replica" is still floating in my mind.. LOL. Anyway, so you like mesh rims, huh?

    @Stanley: They cost me about US$400 for a set of four. Man, i need to sell my old rims ASAP to stop my bank account from bleeding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice wheels. can u share the link where u can order replica Work Equip 03 measuring 15x8? i wanna put on my Daihaitsu Charmant too. measurement offset +28 ,centre bore 73.1 for charmant model ryt. thanks from charmant lover brunei

    ReplyDelete
  7. offset +28 with 8 inch wide is not ideal for Charmant actually. With 8 inch, the maximum you should go is offset 0. I had to put on a 25mm spacer for these wheels.. so i'd suggest you find other offset.

    ReplyDelete