Sunday, November 29, 2009

Update 30 November 2009, Almost There Guys..

Went to Jakarta last weekend and took same snaps on The Dog's latest progress. By the looks of it, i am guessing it won't be long now til they finish the bodywork. Perhaps next month i'll get to see the finishing stage. Will be bringing the stuff i bought so they can fit them also. It'll be a busy weekend next time i am back to Jakarta since i have to look for the workshop for my engine swap and find a towing company to bring The Dog to the engine workshop.

For now, feast your eyes on this..
I took my Axis OG Oldskool rim to the shop and tried fitting it. It sure looks sweet! Here's from another angle..
That's how an 8 incher with +28 offset looks on a Charmant. It's already 1-2 cm further out than the fender! But sadly..
Can you see it? No? Ok how about this..
Fuk mi! The inner lip is hitting the strut.. *sigh*.. Will have to put a spacer there to allow a perfect fit. 15mm spacer should be enough.. So that's another 1.5 cm to add to the already wide stance. It'll look sweet paired with stretched tires! Well i guess i won't be using these wheels to drift.. I dunno, the thought of drifting on wheel spacers just scares me.. What do you think?

As for the bodywork, the primary coats are applied and they've already painted some inner parts like the door hinges etc. The panels' surfaces are now smooth and ready for the Deep Black paint..
So that concludes our session for today... What's that? More? Uummm.. okay.. here you go..
LOL.. That's my girl there.. It was a very quiet weekend, not much on my agenda for The Dog so just after she accompanied me to the workshop, we went for some sushi. It was her first time.. and she hates it. LOL..
I, on the contrary, love it very much! Hey there's bound to be some difference between us, right? I guess i have to enjoy raw fish by myself then..

11 comments:

  1. You sly basterd lol, freakin sweeeeeet look on the car man, told you those rims wud b da bomb digidy, considering doing a blog with all the nagging u have been harrassing me with lol, freakin sweet rims... will get me a pair as well... still going for that blue paint for the car?, if so your car will have a twin in the Caribbean lol, if so you will have to come visit the family lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, finally some promising progress! Reminded me a lot when my car was in the paint shop!

    The rims definitely look good on your car, while your car is still WIP, you might as well ask the workshop to do some custom bolt on wide fenders? just so you can fit those Axis OG nicely.

    O and speaking of drifting with spacers, I've done them for couple of months, no problem so far, just make sure your spacers are genuine and of good quality, also not forgetting proper nut and bolts should be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stan The Man: How can i forget that you use spacers Stanley! I read about it long time ago and yeah with the dreaded deep fenders, surely spacers are quite common on Charmants.. Thanks for the confident boost there! Oh and for the custom fenders, not sure if i want them.. That would make it less "Ryoji" lol.

    @Dereck The ... umm lol not enough vocabs in my brain to rhyme your name with.. nooo.. i am going black finally bro! Super Deep Black by Spies Hecker to be exact.. Do tell me once you started your blog.. Make sure you put reference to mine there. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charmant International, yeah, Dereck, we need to stick together, long live Charmants! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, for real, Edgar... of course i will link you when ever i start my blog lol, i wont have as much content as you tho, i didnt take pictures for my maintenance work on the car so far so i am down on content lol, freakin sweet rims bro, LONG LIVE THE CHARMANT lol, by the way what do you guys think of the so called new ae86?

    ReplyDelete
  6. not a big fan of AE86 myself with its ridiculous price tag, let alone the "new AE86".. but so far as the FT86 goes, it's just new car for me. just like the 370Z or R35 Skyline. if you drive in one, people would just admire your bank account.. not your taste in cars. whereas riding in classics like an AE86 or *cough* Charmant shows you've got the guts to keep it alive.

    but that's just me (and my envy to those FT86/370Z/R35 Skyline owners) lol. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, i dont like the direction toyota is heading with the boxer engine as the power house for the car, the AE86 is a respected and loved car, people chase if for its legendary status and expect to drift like a projust by having one lol, it dosnt work that way..., it is one of and possibly my favorite ole school car :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've no comment on the FT-86, will wait till it's full release to the public and reviews by the experts, such as Best Motoring etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow very nice build..aku bisa ngmng indo jg kok :D

    back then Charmants had caught my interest but just for a while..great car and rear powered too but still I'm in love with Toyota Cressida..:D
    Charmants got the potential I say,keep it bro and keep updating on your works im looking forward into it..;)

    and here something I really love to see about Charmants:

    http://i13.tinypic.com/47xlyqc.jpg

    I hope this pic from Google inspires your build..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks man. I've been lurking the webs browsing for Charmants for too long, i must have seen every Charmant pic out there at least dozens of time. There's a guy from Barbados i believe who made a replica of that Charmant pic you showed me. He's running silvertop 4AGE. Sweetness!

    Cressida's the bomb as well. If i want to put bigger engines later, Cressida would be a strong candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh man i thought this wrote up was the latest update,but its not..:| I read the whole story from the first till I end up here already..your stories with The Dog were awesome! I'm feelin much love you give to the dog and the stories you made with her,its so fantastic..well I cant help myself continuing to read up all the rest of the stories ^.^ Im definitely understood the feeling between you and her..yeah I hope I could make up stories with Cressy just like you did..<3

    yea rad looking Charmant I showed you on the pic..:O

    hemm as far as I know its all between 2JZ or 1UZ..as weight issues on Cressida become a serious problem,I prefer 1UZ V8 coz it weight way far more lesser than that big bulky rhinoceros power 2JZ..O_O I still cant decide for sure tho..

    ReplyDelete