Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Helping a Long Distance Friend part 2

A good friend/fellow Charmant owner of mine, Yohann Quaziz, contacted me again recently. If you followed my blog, you might remember i helped Yohann to get a pedalbox for his Charmant around five months ago. Time passed and Yohann has finished the engine swap on his ride, having so much fun with it apparently..

This was the first start of his carb'd 4A-GE.


This is him making me cry with envy..




All those envy-generating, pocket-burning drifts finally caught to his white stallion. Just a few days ago, he asked me to get new tie-rods and rear axle oil seals. I was suprised that even for such simple parts like oil seals, he has to import them! Wow, talking about high maintenance cost!

Anyway, Yohann contacted me at the right time. I was back in Jakarta for Christmas holiday and went for some shopping for The Dog. I bought the stuff for him together with mine. Here's what i got him..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Inner and outer tie-rods and also two sets of rear axle oil seals. Here's one of the many reasons i love Charmant..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

See that part number remarks? Charmant shares many common parts with its cousin KE70 or better known Toyota Corolla DX. I don't have to worry about running out of suspension and linkage parts since KE70s are quite famous here, hence spare parts are abundant. Not as cheap as newer cars but at least they can still be had.

Today, those parts will be sent to the post office to be packed and shipped. I expect it takes about 2-3 weeks from today for Yohann to receive the parts. Shipping cost should be cheaper than the pedal box i sent him last time. All of those fit inside a shoe box! Here you go..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so now your Charmant and my DX is somehow cousins lah rite?

    Kekeke. Good info and hope to see your car OTR again..

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah yeah.. now we're somehow related. happy new year rosso. best of wishes!

    ReplyDelete