Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update 26 May 2009

These pics just arrived in my mailbox so they are still hot! Got help again from my sis for sending these shots of The Dog taken today. Each time i look at update photos, the price i am paying for the bodywork seems getting cheaper considering the amount of work and material involved. Heck, my dad even told me that the bodyshop owner is considering on getting new rear doors instead of working on the existing ones! Anyway, here are the shots..
Notice that AE70 Corolla on the back? *drool*
That engine bay's getting browner with rust each week. It just goes to show you how Indonesia's climate really is bad for exposed metals. They better hurry up or they'll replace more panels with new ones!
Fugly shift knob needs replacing..
Judging by these shots, i am guessing it would still be at least a month before they start painting. The car's been there for two months now. That's OK. I am not in a hurry anyway because there are some things i haven't decided yet like paint color or where will i have my 4A-GE installed so i'll let them take their time.

4 comments:

  1. If you are in Malaysia, we have a shop called Playhouse Garage that can settle this problem in less than 1week! And their job is flawless too..

    Anyway, the plan was to drift or restoring the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week?! I doubt that. You should see in detail how bad the rust is. I do agree that my current shop is a bit slow but it's OK with me. I haven't decided on paint color anyway..

    If by restoring you mean bringing the car back to its original condition, then i am not doing that since a 4A-GE is ready to swap the old engine.

    It's more of a weekend drift/daily driven combination, i think.. Much like Stanley's Charmant.

    Yeah i really wish i am doing this in Malaysia. I heard from Stanley that LSDs (or any parts, anyway) cost much less there.. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe. I thought Malaysian price for ANY related stuffs on AE86 are bomb cost here. Indonesian too?

    Well, Im lucky coz Mazda / Rotary parts is cheap and abundant coz nobody is interested with it. Muehehehe.

    Yes, I think 1-2week can finish the body work. Of course the price is expensive too. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently most of AE86 stuff here come from Malaysia! I got an offer for AE86 rear axle for around RM3000 and that's nearly double the price in Malaysia, as Stanley pointed out.

    Rotary parts are cheap there? Meaning you can get them easily?! Man.. you're lucky. I can't think of any store that sells rotary parts like for 13B engines here. Of course i am not into rotaries that much.. 200hp from 650cc engine is too scary for me. LOL.

    So what happened to Bee? From what i read on your blog, i am guessing one of the spark plugs not igniting properly..

    ReplyDelete