Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Irish Lads Served!

As you may have known, i am helping out some guys in Ireland and Israel to get Charmant parts. Yohann Quaziz from Israel got his orders and now it's Paul's turn. Paul Breheny from Ireland got my contact info from Yohann via ae86irl forum and asked my help to get some parts like headlamps, taillights, sidelamps, door rubbers, etc. He just received his stuff this week!

Unlike Israel, Ireland is covered by Express Mail Service (EMS). It's a bit pricey compared to the regular mail service i used to send Yohann's stuff but they sure are reliable and fast! It took less than a week for Paul to receive his stuff. Yohann got his in two weeks. Judging by the pics sent by Paul below, the stuff are still intact so that's good news. I'll be sure of using EMS again next time!

These pics are sent by Paul himself..
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am glad it all worked out successfully. Thank you Yohann and Paul for trusting me to help you guys! It felt great knowing that we can help each other as fellow Charmant lovers although we're thousands of miles apart.

10 comments:

  1. Edgar, just wondering do you have this black plastic cover for the side doors, I'm missing one at the front driver side door, here's a picture:
    http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3185/dscf0273copy.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time i check the last scrapped Charmant i found, it still has the stuff u're looking for. I'll check again next week when i get to Jakarta. I am still short on rear "late version" bumper myself..
    Anything else bro?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's about it, I don't really care much about the rest since I'm drifting my Charmant, hardcore. LOL!

    About the charmant bumper, ain't they all the same?

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay then..

    about the bumper, i thought so myself but then somebody showed me the differences.. now it's my turn to show you!

    look here..
    this is the early version
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Nebuchernezzer/Aki%20Matsuri/DSCF0135.jpg

    and this is the later
    http://altijdeenmening.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/daihatsu_charmant_slx_1987_sl05tf_scan10.jpg

    notice the differences? the later is designed to follow the side body mouldings. it's longer too.. some call it "american-style" bumpers. the side mouldings are thicker too.

    now i already have the front bumper and side mouldings but without the rear bumper, they'll look off.

    hope this clears things for you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edgar, thanks man, never knew there were 2 versions of the bumpers, actually there's plenty of Charmants roaming Sibu town, but all of them seem to rocking the same bumper as mine, which is the earlier version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome Jack! Again, glad you like the parts.. I seem to have sent all Charmant tail lights here to Ireland! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. can new daihatsu panels be got doors etc

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mouwt: would be great if you can send me pics of them fitted.. will surely put them in my blog.

    @anonymous: chances are slim to none when it comes to acquiring new body parts such as chrome strips and panels. junkyard is your friend in this case, i guess.

    ReplyDelete