Monday, March 23, 2009

Update 24 March 2009, Engine's Out!

These pictures were taken just this morning, still fresh. You can see now the engine has been taken out and you can get a slight glimpse at how the T50 transmission looks like.

Look Ma! No engine!

Below is the T50 bellhousing closeup. This is one of the reason i chose Charmant. They come with T50 as default, easy 4A-GE swap.

You can see the exhaust runs to the driver's side. With a 4A-GE however, it will have to go on the passenger's side. This somewhat poses a risk to the slave clutch cylinder. It will be exposed to the heat coming from the exhaust since it is now on the same side with the exhaust. There is a risk of boiling the hydraulic fluid this way.

The best way to overcome this problem is to use a different bell housing version, coming from an AE86 GTS. Mine is the same version with AE86 SR5, since they come with 4A-C engine also.

I am too lazy and cheap so looking for the correct bellhousing is not on my list. I will have to find another way to reduce this risk. Maybe i'll wrap the exhaust or put cover plate to help reduce the heat.




Dude, what are you doing?! Stop burning my car!
Man, i wish i have the time and tools to work on The Dog by myself..







Hey! That's my dad there. The one with the glasses. Behind him is the KE30 shown on my previous 18 March 2009 update.













Below is the 4A-C. I still haven't decided on what to do with it. Turbocharge it? Nah, the 4A-GE is better for any forced induction, almost the same cost with more HP gain. I surely won't have to buy any ECU piggybacks to get 4A-C turboed but i might have to get a 2 barrel weber carb to make a good draw-through setup. So you can see the cost will almost be the same. Sell it? Hmmm.. Maybe if i can get a good price for it. Just to help me pay the 4A-GE i am getting.



I might have to use the old waterpump, water temp sensor for gauge, alternator, etc. It all depends on how complete the 4A-GE i will get.















More pics...







































No comments:

Post a Comment