Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Junkyard Visit

My boss called me last Friday, told me to come to Jakarta for a meeting. Yippee! So i flew to Jakarta yesterday evening. Today, i decided to visit another junkyard i know in Taman Mini, near Bambu Apus main road. There were few junkyards there, most of them focusing on single make only; e.g Mercedes Benz, VW etc. However, there was this one huge lot where junkyard sellers gathered. This lot has many makes and models being sold. I looked around but sadly couldn't find any Charmant body parts there. I saw one nice Corolla KE70 tho'. Hmmm... next project? Anyway, i didn't go home empty handed. I got this for 5 bucks.
Used open air filter in good condition. My 4A-GE doesn't come with air filter so this would go nicely with the engine. One more thing, dad already helped me pick up the engine from the seller. It's at home now, covered with rain coat, waiting for the day to sit in The Dog and scream. Here's another pic of it at home. I just have to figure out a way to install the air filter to the engine. A 3-inch pipe and some rubber connectors should do the job.
Here's my engine being loaded to dad's car by not two, not three but FOUR guys! It must be very heavy!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see that you've finally got your engine home! I'm excited at where this project leads to... keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet! I have so many ideas revolving in my head now. I have to decide on the paint color really soon.. I really can't wait to drive my Charmant!

    ReplyDelete