Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bonus Pics from Independence Day Holiday

During my last visit to Jakarta for Independence Day holiday, my main agenda is to shop the needed parts for my 4A-GE overhaul. However, i also got a chance to do some "sight-seeing" on the side. Here are some snapshots of the extra activities i did.. By the way, our Independence Day is Aug 17th 1945 for those who care.

Remember my friend, Ono? She's also restoring her Chevrolet Trooper. It is being worked on the same auto station as where i overhauled my 4A-GE so i took a peek at the progress so far..
It's been there since May and i reckon it'll take two or three more months to finish. Ono is not just restoring the body. She's also having the wiring redone. It was a mess that's why i suggested her to re-do the whole wiring.

An unfortunate incident struck my dad's car, a '94 Mercedes Benz C180. The sound deadening mat attached to the firewall somehow came loose, touched the exhaust pipe and caught fire. It quickly spread through the engine bay. Dad was driving with mom when he noticed smoke coming out from under the bonnet then he quickly pulled over. Luckily, they were near to an auto station. The guys from the station quickly took out the fire with a fire extinguisher. Now that's why you should never underestimate the importance of safety! Thank goodness, mom and dad are OK. Wish i could say the same for the car..
That's dad eyeing sadly at his poor car..
At home, mom went through a pile of old stuff stacked in our garage. She found some stuff from my previous car. I won't be needing these anymore so i am selling them. First is a gasket kit for 5K engine.
Next is a Pertronix Ignitor. It replaces your stock points with a Hall-effect pickup to drive a coil igniting circuit. Also for K-series engine. Maybe it would fit other engine but i don't know for sure.
How about replacing your ignition coil also? Got the same brand here.. Pertronix Flame Thrower. It's the low-ohm type, 3 ohms to be exact, so you may need an external resistor. Last i got a set of high performance spark plug wires. They're made by Hurricane if i remember correctly. They have braided-metal grounding jacket over each wire. Not sure if that'll do much to your engine performance but you can always have it for the looks.. Email me if you're interested.
This is one of my 18-inch wheels. They have double pcd of 100 and 114.3 so i can fit them to my Charmant. Will surely try them when i am bored with my Globeline rims.
I tried fitting the Razo horn knob to my Sparco steering wheel. Really dig how it looks..
On my way back from shopping the parts for my 4A-GE, i visited a junkyard in Taman Mini area. Unfortunately, they didn't have any scrapped Charmant. I am still hunting some chrome strips and i don't see any other way to obtain them than by getting from junkyards. Here's how the junkyard looks.
I always love visiting junkyards. They're heaven on earth for car enthusiasts like me..Wow, just realized it was another busy holiday for me. Can't wait for another long weekend. I am eager to see how my 4A-GE looks after the overhaul.

No comments:

Post a Comment