Thursday, August 6, 2009

Should I Sell My Rims?

Lately, there are some very interesting rims for sale in modifikasi.com swap meet section. I visited the swap meet section nearly everyday and drooled all over the stuff being sold there, not excluding these rims. They really tempt me to sell my Globeline rims and spend my hard-earned cash on them instead.

As some of you may know, i bought my Globeline rims, pictured below, sometime around April. They are 14 x 7 inches. There's nothing wrong with them except only i want wider and deeper rims, like 8 inches or above to have more stretch to the tires later.
Now compare them to these babies..

Compomotive measuring 13x8JJ, ET-15, PCD 4x114.3. Look at the depth compared to a cig lighter!

Performance measuring 13x7JJ, ET-5 and PCD 4x114.3. Granted these Aussie made rims are not 8 inches but look at that offset and tell me you didn't drool..

RS Watanabe replicas measuring 15x7JJ, ET+25. I am not seriously considering these since getting used 15 inch tires are much more difficult than 13 or 14 inches and with all the drifts i am planning to do with The Dog when she's finish, they don't seem as a good idea.

TRD 13x9JJ. This type of TRD has always been my dream wheel. What's that? The offset? F*ck the offset! Look at the stretch these babies make on a 80's Corona! They don't come cheap. The seller opens the price at around USD500.. *sigh*

Enmaru mesh type 13x8JJ.

Axis OG Oldskool 15 x 8JJ. These haunted my mind for days! A good priced, well built Work Equip 03 replicas! Now who wouldn't want that? Slap them on my black Charmant and BAM! Instant Ryoji Takada look! What stopped me from buying them was the PCD. They come only in 4x100. Thank God, these were sold not so long ago or else i might have ordered a set of PCD adapters for my Charmant..

AP-Racing 13x8JJ.

Beauties, aren't they? The reason why i am still keeping a hold on my Globelines is because they're not the perfect size. Most of these are 13 inch rims which, with the help of my friend Stanley, would look strangely small on a Charmant as he put on a pic of 13 x 8JJ Enkei rims on his drift machine in his blog, seen below. So i guess my real weakness would be 14 x 8JJ or wider rims.. but damn those 9-inch TRDs look nice..

Sorry for the messy picture layout. I linked straight to the original image location so i couldn't resize them. So what do you think? Should i start putting my Globelines for sale? Or are they good enough for my Charmant? LOL i haven't even put them on The Dog and already considering of selling them.

7 comments:

  1. Yes I think you should sell it and get a proper JDM wheel, but if you're on a tight budget, it's cool too, you can always get it replaced AFTER your car is done and running.

    How's the body restoration progress so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i can find 14 inch deep dish JDM rims, i might consider of selling my rims. Unless i change my mind and settle for 13s instead. Anyway, i am not in a hurry..

    Body restoration update pics coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edgar, very nice blog here..i enjoy reading it.. although i dont have a charmant, but one i will buy that car...
    ok about your needs of a wider rim, why dont u just modify one of those cheap steel standart wheel?
    like here:
    http://yogiii.multiply.com/photos/album/17

    ReplyDelete
  4. i ineterested with ur ap rim do u still have it any kind like that?msg me asap knaim@nstp.com.my tq

    ReplyDelete
  5. can strech 175x70x13 to my 13x9jj ap racing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.

    What is the price of "AP Racing 13x8JJ." Is it 2 or 4 wheels? ET on the?

    ReplyDelete