Sunday, August 23, 2009

My New Cellphone: iPhone 3G!

Been wiping off my drool from my laptop ever since i saw it released, i finally made the move to get it.. Introducing my new phone, the iPhone 3G!
Telkomsel, one of our local cellular operators, has been chosen by Apple to resell iPhone in Indonesia and during Ramadan, they are making an offer i can't refuse: iPhone 3G for IDR7,500,000 (that's US$750) with a 0% interest installment plan of 6 months.. With iPhone 3GS coming out, it was a logical step for Telkomsel to lower the price of the 3G version. So why didn't i wait for the 3GS? Well surely Telkomsel won't sell 3GS for US$750, right? I just don't see any interesting feature that's worth the extra money i'll be paying for the 3GS so i decided that now is the right time to make the purchase.

For US$750, the iPhone was sold bundled with a Simpati, Telkomsel's prepaid simcard, having a bonus of monthly 500 MB of data quota for 12 months. Here's all that i got for the deal.
and here's the iPhone box together with my old phone, a Nokia E61. I plan to use the Nokia for work and the iPhone for private matters.
So far, i've finished upgrading the firmware to 3.0.1, allowing MMS sending/receiving, landscape text messaging and other extras that you can read here. I am still getting myself familiar with typing on the iPhone. Now, knowing that i have butter fingers, i should quickly get some rubber skin for it. Tomorrow's plan maybe? Anyway, most importantly, i am still searching for an app which would help me update this blog from the iPhone. Any ideas?

By the way, sorry for the crappy image quality. I took them using a camera phone..

No comments:

Post a Comment