Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ronny Chia's D1SL Replica

I never thought that i'd see this. Most of us inspired by Ryoji Takada would imitate his black Charmant (*cough..cough*) but Ronny Chia from Malaysia chose to follow the red one. What's that? The red one? Yes, Ryoji Takada once drove this red Charmant below.

Ronny came upon my blog and commented on one of my post. Apparently he's from Malaysia, Labuan island to be exact. He sent me his Charmant pics and i gotta admit i was suprised to see someone actually imitated Ryoji's red Charmant. Here's Ronny's D1SL Replica.

He even went all the way with the D1SL windshield decal. I'd say all that is left for him is to slap on a set of Work Equip 03 and he's got a full-blown replica. Here's a shot of his interior. Love that Nardi steering wheel. When i am bored with my Sparco one day, i'll make sure i get that type of Nardi. Do notice that there's no RPM on the instrument panel.

I can't say much about his Charmant as Ronny didn't send any stories along with his picture attachments on the email. Ronny did inform that it's equipped with 4K engine. I could barely tell from the low-res picture that this one is an LE trim which is strange since i never knew before that LE trim can come with 4K. Even stranger that it doesn't have tach on the panel. Can you confirm this Ronny? Is that LE or LC? Here's more pics.

10 comments:

  1. it is Charmant LE with original engine 4k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that LE as the higher version of LD. My LD Charmant has tachometer and that's why i thought yours should have one too. Apparently i was wrong.. I guess they taught that when i skipped school on Charmant 101 class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's 4 variant, LC, LE, LD, and LGX. in some country, LD is the top of the list. sometimes it's confusing.. for examples, in Indo, we only have LD, and many people said that the longer bumper version was released in '86-'89. the one i have, is an 87, but mine is the short one. trust me, it's never been replaced by the previous owner..

    i take the conclusion by my research, and chit chat here and there with some fellow in Indonesia and in some other countries, it looks like in indo we have many stock of charmant (was), but the selling was not really good so they have to discontinued it by the end of '86/87. so, if you're lucky maybe, (maybe) what you've got here was an '86/87 assembled which has the longer bumper. and mine, was the end of '85 or early '86. or maybe older than that. but seeing the form of the coolbox, i predict it's an 86 assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there you go, Guru has visited us from his mountain recluse and showered us with his wisdom.. thank you master Nourie..

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you master Nourie

    ReplyDelete
  6. really sweet bro, im curious as to how that engine performs over a 4A

    ReplyDelete
  7. esta bravazo este chramnt quiesiera cominucacion con este grupo para poder saber mas del charmant yo tengo uno soy de PERU gracias mi correo es elchinazo13@hotmail.com gracias

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi all i would like send my car charmant LGX to this block and which email i can send my pic ?? i am same place as ronny chia Labuan... send me the email to " evo2320@yahoo.com.my "

    ReplyDelete
  9. my email is above.. you can send it to edgaraja@yahoo.com. don't forget to give specs and some background stories to it!

    ReplyDelete