Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Suck at Photoshop

I found this funny Photoshop tutorial when i was procrastinating as usual on Digg.com. It's a web video series called You Suck at Photoshop and its hosted by a cool dude named Donnie Hoyle. On the series, he's supposed to be a total loser who lost his wife to a guy named Ricky and ... well i won't spoil the fun for you. Just go ahead and look it up on Youtube. If you're learning Photoshop and don't mind being tutored by a foul-mouthed guy, You Suck at Photoshop will boost your skills in no time.

Anyway, i've finished watching all of the tutorials and decided to have some fun with the skills i just learned. I photoshopped some of The Dog's photos and here's some of the results. Don't laugh okay cause i know they're still very rough and amateurish but i think they're good enough for a guy who just learned how to use the heaven-sent application.

First, I have always been curious how my Axis Oldskool would look on The Dog. Well now i know and i also add a little extra of lowering to it.
and here's how my Globeline rims would look.
This photo was taken a few days ago when The Dog just finished its bodywork. I did some mods to it which you'll see later down.
How about replacing the hood with carbon fibers?
Or since i am going to imitate Ryoji Takada's ride, how about applying some D1GP decals?
I still have a lot to learn obviously but with work slightly slowing down, i have some time on my hands and would love to spend it on sharpening up my PS skills. Do share in the comments if you have more links to good PS tutorial.

15 comments:

  1. The RIMs definitely look good on your Charmant, same goes with the CF hood (but that won't be cheap!), and I won't recommend having a D1GP windscreen visor btw, LOL!

    Btw, is there any drift clubs in your town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. u rim is look nice in u charmant~!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ronny :) Have you any Charmant that you can share the story with us?

    In Jakarta, yes we have quite a lot of drift clubs. Drift INC is one of them if i am not mistaken. They regularly drift illegally in South Jakarta around midnight to dawn. But i can't say the same thing about my work town, Lampung. It's quite small and i am not sure if drift bug has really bitten the autofreaks here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DIRVE DAIHATSU CHARMANT OSO AT MALAYSIA HERE...I WILL SEND U SOON MY PHOTO TO U SOON...^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff bro, sweet shop, soon i will be asking you to shop some of my pictures lol, if u level off the rear of the car it would look even sweeter, realised when i was doing that rear springs experiment that my springs in the rear arnt oem, its shorter and a tad bit thicker it seems, to get them off normally you have to remove some suspension bit but on mine i just jack up and swivle off lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ronny, which part of Malaysia are you staying currently? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dereck, i am going maybe 185 or 195 max for tires. The reason is that my rims will be so out of the fender, i'll need smaller tires so i hopefully i won't hit the fender (too often).

    ReplyDelete
  8. i see, oh and we adjusted secret spring setup and it feels sumwhat identiclal, in my opinion, to my neighbors coil overs on his civic... will keep you posted

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Stanley, im live at Labuan ...is a small island do u know where ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. bro edgar H.. wht u email.?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Ronny, it's edgaraja@yahoo.com.. You can see it on my main banner picture on top of this page.. The pics of Charmant line up, see it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh...ya..^^ icicic..
    ok..i send me my charmant photo..then we can share share comment^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice car. I have a problem skit with my Charmant. I can ask for help. I find a headlight for a set of Charmant. where can get?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi all i would like send my car charmant LGX pic to this block and which email i can send my pic ?? i am same place as ronny chia at Labuan and i can say ronny also 1 of our team member drift club ...

    ReplyDelete